NavBar

Sunday, June 7, 2015

Progress Update: Learning jQuery, Studying OO Design...

I've been spending most of my commute time reading Sandi Metz's Practical Object-Oriented Design in Ruby.  I'm 2/3 of the way through it.  Some concepts are harder than others to understand, but I'm ok with that.  I'm sure I'll be re-reading this book again in 6 months.  I've been learning about agile dev, duck typing, inheritance, etc.  I really love how Sandi presents concepts.  I've also watched some of her podcast appearances (like on Talking Code) and her RailsConf 2015 talk ("Nothing is something") and can recommend them all.  She is inspiring to me...  She reminds me of my unofficial mentor at my last job/career... an incredibly intelligent female who I could only wish to be as smart as one day!

I'm slowly moving through the Treehouse JavaScript courses.  I finished up the JS fundamental courses and moved onto the jQuery course over the weekend.  I have been having a hard time finding the time to work on these courses during the work week.