NavBar

Saturday, May 2, 2015

Week's Progress. Starting slowly on jQuery/JS...

Another week, more coding.  I completed Codecademy's jQuery course and started their AngularJS course this week.  When I first started coding, I spent a couple days playing around and learning a little jQuery.  It was very confusing and weird looking to me back then.  Now, it seems manageable to learn and understand (eventually).  It's also nice to look at something besides Ruby.  It makes me realize that I definitely can tell I've gotten more comfortable with code since I started out.

May 1 was my first day as a full-time employee and not an intern.  Didn't feel much different. :-)  I've been working at home for the past week.  I think it's just such a cool thing that I can do that.  I've never had a career where I can do that.  (...You can't exactly do that as an analytical chemist.)  I've been taking advantage of it, replacing my morning commute with a run a couple times this week.   Studying coding full-time for the past 6 months, I didn't feel like I had the time to exercise.  I had to make one or the other a priority and I choose coding.  But now, I feel I'm in a position that I can refocus and make some time for myself to stay healthy and in shape.  So, I am trying to get back into an exercise routine.