NavBar

Friday, December 19, 2014

Thurs and Friday progress.

Not too much progress, I did some more work in Kehoe's Learn Rails tutorial, but not as much as I hoped for.  I learned more about the conventions in Rails, using Foundations CSS styling (not sure I like it more than Bootstrap, but we'll see as I do more with it), and a little review of basic ruby.  I guess I was hoping to be done with it in 2-3 days.  Only excuse I have is that I've been sick.

I'm hoping to feel better over the weekend, get more work done, and extend my 5 day streak of commits on github :)

I also did the git/brew upgrade to fix the security issue with git.  I swear, I can never have a simple upgrade/install on my machine with the command line.  It always requires going to stack overflow to find solutions to my problem.  I also feel like I try one solution, doesn't work.  so I keep going and randomly trying more and more advice.  I wish I understood what I am doing more on there.  I got Git to update finally, only for my terminal to say the old version # when I checked it.  but if I went to upgrade, it said the new version of git was already installed, wtf?  Luckily with a close/reopen of the terminal window, it was only showing the most recent version install and everything seems to be peachy now.  whew.

I've been feeling like I have no idea what I'm doing the past couple days.  Self-doubt.  Hopefully I'll perk up when I start to feel better.  I don't feel like I've been able to think clearly at all and my learning is stunted.