NavBar

Monday, November 17, 2014

Monday's Progress!


Today's progress:
  • Finished up the HTML/CSS section on Epicodus.
  • Played around with Bootstrap some more.  I like it.  
    • I think I'm going to surprise my folks and redesign their company's (poorly done) website using a nice bootstrap theme.
  • Learned basics of javascript (variables, strings, methods, functions).
  • Started the section on jQuery.
  • Downloaded jQuery 1.11.1
  • Setup a virtual Ruby on Rails environment on nitrous.io and invited my husband/mentor to join me.  So now I have it on my Macbook and a virtual option.
  • Skipped ahead in the Epicodus course to the start of Ruby on Rails section.  Tried the IRB command and although I could input, but I initially got a error about Headline file missing.  So... I went into crafty IT troubleshoot mode and successfully figured that out and reinstalled RVM and got that error GONE!   (It only took 2 different attempts before success! :-] )
  • I also emailed the nearest RailsGirls meetup group to see if I could join the next beginner class in their series or if I would be totally lost.  I'm going to try to make it over there to that meetup later this month!