NavBar

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Day 3 Progress Update

I continued some exercises on the UWaterloo Computer Science Circles Python Tutorial, but then their website was unresponsive, so I am switching gears and started some video lessons on Epicodus.  I'm excited to learn HTML/CSS and hopefully can update my blog to reflect what I learn.  I'm not keen on the stock formats!

I installed the recommended text editor Atom instead of Sublime Text, since it is free and recommended by Epicodus.

I went through 5 or so lessons of Epicodus today.  I then switched gears and looked at setting up my dev enviro for Ruby on Rails.  I looked at the Ruby4kids site, then tried the tryruby short interactive tutorial.  I then got frustrated figuring out how to get darn Ruby on my Mac w/OSX Yosemite 10.10.  I guess I'm dumb and thought the install would be straight-forward.  I finally googled and found some step by step instructions and will hopefully get that set up tomorrow!